We form lasting partnerships.
UPG Enterprises is a privately held operator of diversified industrial companies. Our success continues to be driven from within, starting with our dedicated employees who operate with a sense of urgency, commitment to customers and flexibility to do what is right. With 22 locations across North America, our operations continue to grow with the intention of building a business based on culture, respect and growth. Founded by two families with multi-generational experience in various industries, we pride ourselves on having a long-term approach to business, entrepreneurial spirit and excellent teams that represent our family of companies.
The Evolution of UPG
Click the dates below to learn more about our history.
- Union Partners founded
- Chicago Steel acquired
- Mapes & Sprowl, Cortran, JIT Steel Service, & JIT Steel Transport acquired
- Opus Metals founded
- Lee Steel acquired
- Continental Metals acquired
- Berg Steel acquired
- Gibraltar, Michigan expansion
- Lamination Specialties acquired
- Maksteel acquired
- Contractors Steel acquired
- Lee Steel, Berg Steel, Opus Metals, & JIT Steel join Maksteel
- Xcel Steel Pickling acquired; renamed Maksteel Processing
- Union Partners rebrands as UPG
- National Metalwares acquired
- LexWest acquired, renamed Maksteel
- Metalex/Morton Global acquired
- Lexington Steel Corp and Douglass Logistics acquired
- Borrmann Metals acquired
- Orchid Monroe acquired